Granite, one of the hardest natural materials, is primarily made up of quartz and feldspar. Granite’s unique beauty and longevity make it an elegant choice.
* Extremely heat- and scratch-resistant, granite allows hot pans to be placed directly on the surface.
* Stains can be removed by a variety of methods depending on the type of stain. Scratches need to be repaired by a professional.
* A porous material, granite requires proper periodic resealing with a penetrating sealer at least once every couple of years to prevent staining.
* Cutting on the surface is not recommended.
* Sizes are limited, and slabs must be pieced together for larger areas.
* Available in many varieties, in various edge treatments, and in polished, honed, and matte finishes.